the artist's statement

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye" from THE LITTLE PRINCE. When people ask me "WHAT KIND OF ARTIST ARE YOU?"... I tell them, I am a painter ... they ask "OH oil or watercolor?".... I say, neither... I paint with light ... they give me a strange look.... IF I have the time and I think they are really interested, then I clarify... I use a camera and a scanner as a starting point, and then where it leads me I never know ... the end result may be a light capture from my scanner, or a manipulated photo, using many different computer enhancement tools including photoshop...... sometimes I create something that does not even look like anything recognizable. Then sometimes, I use mixed media.... mixing a printed inkjet picture with maybe a magazine transfer using wintergreen oil, or adding paint, or using sandpaper to rough it up ....in the end I have something original that never existed before.... just a splash of pixel dust.

Friday, June 24, 2011

the lady in the window

This is a composite of two photos.  One is a picture of a window at the  Abbey d'Orval  in Belgium.  The other is of a lady posing nude in front of a window at a small farm in Belgium. What you see in the background is a small church in a town near Namur Belgium.

1 comment:

manomij said...

Hi Johny, I am now your follower please come and follow me too so we can stay in touch. What a lovely idea taking this lady as an starting point of a painting! I am wanting to see what you are posting today and will keep in touch!
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog
Manon